we released the new major version 5 of PDFsam Basic. A lot of work has been done and many things changed compared to version 4, here is a summary:
- Migrated everything to the latest JDK 19
- Migrated all the dependencies to their latest version
- Refreshed the default light theme
- Added a couple of dark themes and an additional light theme
- New layout for the sidebar where all the controls have been moved
- Added a setting for the application font size
- Added the total number of selected pages in Merge and Alternate Mix tools
- Added a column to Merge and Alternate Mix tools to show the number of selected pages per row, based on the input interval
- Page normalization in Merge tool is now a combo with an additional entry
- Extract pages tool now has the ability to create a separate PDF file for each page range
- Added a new tool to insert a PDF document (every page or selected pages) into another one, multiple times every “n” pages.
- Upgraded Sejda (PDF engine) to the latest milestone release. Sejda and all it’s dependencies have been lately migrated to JDK 17 and modularized (JPMS)
- Upgraded sejda-io to latest v4. Version 4 has been migrated to JDK 19 and got rid of the
Unsafe Cleanerhack to clean memory mapped files in favor of the Foreign Function & Memory API preview feature
- No more FontAwesome (replaced by Unicons)
- Removed Logback (replaced by Tinylog)
- New tools icons
- Application now runs on the modulepath
Any feedback is welcome. New translations can be filled here.
You can download it from here!
One Reply to “PDFsam Basic version 5 released”
Awesome job, that application is so useful and full of features. I was wondering if it is possible to rotate all Landscape pages (A4) to portrait and choose to rotate or leave A3 size ?